Monday, September 20, 2010

The ABC;s of Ocean City...


This summer I was so blessed with the fulfillment of my childhood dream, which was to become a children's book author and illustrator. This photo was taken at a book signing for my book "The ABC's of Ocean City" at a local bookstore downtown. The book signings were a lot of fun as I got to meet families who love OC and got a lot of great feedback from them about my book. Some families had said that they had read it every night of their vacation, other grown adults commented on how the pages brought back moments of their family's 20 years of vacationing in this awesome sea side town... it was really an amazing feeling to know that I had contributed something small but good to such an awesome community! I felt like I was pretending as parent's brought their children up to "meet the author".  As I signed books for these wide eyed little vacationers I could remember being their age not so long ago and spending my days writing stories and drawing pictures. As they lined up to buy my newest story I felt beyond blessed. I am so grateful for the talents that God has given me, and a community that is willing to support me in them... and to have my smart little boy by my side as he sang the ABC's and pointed out the letters in the book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers